This course is for potential City Leaders who wish to start Serve the City in their own city or country. The intent of this course is to assess a fit for the City Leader with the vision, values, and basic methodology of Serve the City, and to give them the opportunity to envision what it might look like in their city and culture.
To facilitate your identification and approval for participation in the Message Board discussions, please make your Username for this course your FIRST NAME + CITY (e.g. ShannonBrussels). Thank you!
Introduction to Interest Course (Step 1)
This step will orient you to the content and activities of this course, and to the overall plan for moving STC teams into maturity in cities.
Distinctives of Serve the City (Step 2)
This step will help you understand what motivates and drives Serve the City worldwide
- INT 2.0 Welcome to Step 2
- INT 2.1 History of Serve the City
- INT 2.2 Cross the Line
- INT 2.3 Our Dream: Everyone Serving
- INT 2.4 Vision and Mission of Serve the City
- INT 2.5 Mottos of Serve the City
- INT Quiz 2: STC Vision, Mission and Mottos
- INT 2.6 Values of Serve the City
- INT Quiz 3: STC Values
- INT 2.7 Tensions in Serve the City
- INT Quiz 4: STC Tensions
City Transformation Through Volunteering (Step 3)
This step will help you put Serve the City in the global context of urban issues and of volunteering.
- INT 3.0 Welcome to Step 3
- INT 3.1 Global Urbanisation Trends
- INT 3.2 Social Sectors in the City
- INT 3.3 Social Issues in the City
- INT 3.4 Serve the City and My City – Urban Issues
- INT Quiz 5: Understanding the Urban Context
- INT 3.5 Volunteerism in the Global Context
- INT 3.6 Volunteering for Transformation
- INT 3.7 Measurement and Compliance
- INT 3.8 Serve the City and My City – Volunteerism
- INT Quiz 6: Understanding the Volunteer Sector
- INT 3.9 Warm-Up Serve Report
Inspiration from Jesus (Step 4)
This step will help you be inspired by the example of Jesus as you serve your city.
- INT 4.0 Welcome to Step 4
- INT 4.1 Introduction: Jesus as Inspiration
- INT 4.2 Jesus serves with Humility
- INT 4.3 Jesus serves with Compassion
- INT 4.4 Jesus serves with Respect
- INT 4.5 Jesus serves with Courage
- INT 4.6 Jesus serves with Love
- INT 4.7 Jesus serves with Hope
- INT 4.8 Theological Motivations for Serve the City
Practice and Structure of Serve the City (Step 5)
- INT 5.0 Welcome to Step 5
- INT 5.1 STC Locally: Led by a Core Team
- INT 5.2 STC Locally: Based on Partnerships
- INT 5.3 STC Locally: Initiating Volunteer Events and Ongoing Projects
- INT Quiz 7: STC in the Local Context
- INT 5.4 STC Global Connections
- INT Quiz 8: STC Globally
- INT 5.5 City Leader Application
This is one of the best course I have completed, I learned a lot, thanks for all the efforts.
This was an awesome course,I learned so much and it challenged me more than i thought it would.it inspired me too.
I loved learning about STC's history and how they got started, I really feel like I am prepared to go out and start serving in my own city.